Case Study PAWTREE
We are a group of pet lovers. So when we heard that a new direct-selling company wanted to launch a brand that would help pets thrive and give them healthy, happy lives, their mission tugged at our heartstrings. pawTree is a story of unconditional love between pet parents and their pets. The brand offers customized nutrition plans based on a simple to use pet profile system that helps take the guesswork out of choosing the right food for your pets. Long live our furry companions!
- Create a brand that looks like a leader in the pet food category.
- Convey the story of "unconditional love".
- Create a brand personality that is warm, friendly and reflects an upscale, premium product line.
- Educate the target audience about the concept of pawTree and how it's different than its competitors.
- Build a website with a pet profile component that enables recommendation of custom nutrition plans.
- Build a consistent brand identity across all elements including website, catalog, packaging, videos and sales material to give the brand credibility and position it as a category leader.
- Design a clean and simple look across all branded elements to establish an upscale, premium feel.
- Tell the story of "unconditional love" through the use of heartwarming, lifestyle images of people interacting with pets as well as through the messaging.
- Develop a robust yet simple and user-friendly website with a pet profile system that allows users to input specific information about their dog’s health and condition in order to get custom product recommendations.
- Create 14 different videos to help educate the customer about the customized nutrition plan concept as well as the core products.
- pawTree launched in April 2014 and within six months, 1,600 users have signed up and 2,300 pet profiles have been created.
- The strong branding and breadth of elements has helped validate the company quickly as a serious entry into the direct selling industry, and has also assisted in the recruitment of senior board appointees along with consultants.
- The website has seen 2,700 unique visitors with an average visit duration of over seven minutes and a low bounce rate of 14.5%.
- Plans are in progress for a 2015 launch of cat line products that include food, treats and toys.