Case Study Crooked Crust
A small group of investors cut from the same crust came to us with a concept for a new pizza restaurant and right away we could tell they had pizza sauce running through their veins. Now, branding a new pizza restaurant is like spinning the perfect pizza pie out of a little ball of dough. It takes the right amount of quality ingredients, sauce and talent to create a recipe for success. As such, we took this little dough ball and cooked up some delicious branding to help Crooked Crust take a bite out of the competition.
- Create a new pizza restaurant concept that can be the model for a national franchise.
- Create an exciting and memorable brand personality that appeals to an audience of college students and young adults without alienating other potential customers.
- Create a brand identity that differentiates from competitors not only within the pizza category but also in an overly saturated fast-casual food market.
- Develop messaging and positioning strategies based on research/market assessment.
- Build a cohesive and consistent brand identity, which includes: naming, logo, environmental look and feel, menu boards, signage, packaging, business cards, magnets, table tents, promotional items, e-commerce website and grand opening campaign.
- Work with environmental design partner to implement our brand vision.
- Client exceeded projected revenue goals by over 50% on opening day, March 15, 2010.
- Since the launch, the distinctive brand has generated buzz virally with the target audience.
- This restaurant concept became so successful that a second restaurant is now open at another university and plans to open a third franchise are coming soon.